A Straight Shot of Politics

A blog from a gentleman of the Liberal political persuasion dedicated to right reason, clear thinking, cogent argument, and the public good.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I have returned from darkness and quiet. I used to style myself as "Joe Claus", Santa Claus’ younger brother because that is what I still look like. I wrote my heart out about liberal politics until June of 2006, when all that could be said had been said. I wrote until I could write no more and I wrote what I best liked to read when I was young and hopeful: the short familiar essays in Engish and American periodicals of 50 to 100 years ago. The archetype of them were those of G.K. Chesterton, written in newspapers and gathered into numerous small books. I am ready to write them again. I am ready to write about life as seen by the impoverished, by the mentally ill, by the thirty years and more of American Buddhist converts, and by the sharp eyed people [so few now in number] with the watcher's disease, the people who watch and watch and watch. I am all of these.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Links And Kinks

Scott Forbes is looking for a sensible Right-Center blog and it looks like he needs lots of help.

Juan Cole has a dynamite analysis of why we are NOT winning the War On Terror meshing very nicely with this Newsweek piece on how we are NOT winning the war in Iraq. (No, Virginia, they are NOT the same thing.)

Dean Esmey throws caution to the winds by sounding a Note of Caution cautioning some Conservative bloggers not to throw caution to the winds.

Michele Catalano has been sneaking back onto A Small Victory while no one is looking. Welcome back Michele! Read and enjoy.

Some of the best Conservative blogging on the National Guard Memos is being done by Belmont Club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home